DEPOSIT POLICY AND FINAL BILLING
If amount of pro-forma is less than 1 000,00 €, the deposit policy is full prepayment of the pro-forma invoice upon confirmation.
If amount of pro-forma is more than 1 000,00 €, the following deposit policy applies:
• 30%: Upon receipt of the pro forma invoice.
• Balance to be paid no later than 30 days prior to guests' arrival.
The pro-forma invoice is an estimation of the global cost of the services. Some supplement may occur when guests are on site (due to specific requests or unforeseen events). They will be billed on the final invoice after the guests have returned.
Deposits are non-refundable (cf. Cancellation policy).
In case of outright program cancellation, cancellation fees will apply to the total estimated billing amount. In case of partial cancellation, cancellation fees will apply to the total estimated billing amount of the service(s) cancelled. Reduction in number of participants/number of rooms are subject to the above. Guarantees/Final numbers are to be submitted four days (excluding weekends) prior to function dates, unless additional time is specified by individual suppliers, in which case the supplier deadline for guarantee will be applied.
• From confirmation up to 4 months before arrival: 30% of total billing.
• From 4 months up to 2 months before arrival: 50% of total billing.
• From 2 months up to 1 month before arrival: 75% of total billing.
• From 1 month up to arrival, any cancelled service will be fully invoiced.
Certain services/suppliers have their own cancellation policies. In such cases where the supplier policy differs from the Lafayette Travel policy, the stricter policy will apply.
LIMITS ON RESPONSIBILITY
• Emergency telephone number: Lafayette Travel provides an emergency telephone number to all guests. It is to be used by the guests on site whenever an unforeseen event occurs (delay, reduction or rise in numbers, etc.), and implies that the service(s) will be altered. Failure to do so could result in extra charges billed to your final invoice.
• Acts of God: Lafayette Travel is not liable for acts of God, fire, acts of government or other authorities, wars, civil disturbances, riots, terrorist acts, strikes, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, dangers incident to sea, land, and air travel, and other similar acts or incidents beyond its ability to control.
• Insurance: Lafayette Travel recommends subscribing to a trip cancellation insurance policy with your local insurance company, as well as individual travel assistance and medical insurance, covering all parts of the program.
Payment of the pro-forma invoice constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions indicated therein, as well as the "limits on responsibility" set out above
The trademarks VIRTUOSO, the Globe Swirl Logo and SPECIALISTS IN THE ART OF TRAVEL are registered trademarks of Virtuoso, Ltd. Virtuoso, Ltd. has a U.S. copyright registration for the Globe Swirl Logo, ©2000. All rights reserved. Virtuoso CST#2069091-50. California CST# 2069091; TA# 808 - Registered Iowa Travel Agency; Washington UBI # 601 554 183. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California.