8:30 am - Meeting by the ship
8:30 am - 10:00 am City tour in St Petersburg
10:00 am - 10:30 am Travel to Peterhof by hydrofoil
10:30 am - 12:00 pm Guided tour of the Fountain Park and Upper gardens
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Stop for lunch (not included)
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Travel to Tsars’ Village
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm Inside guided tour of Catherine Palace with the Amber Room
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm Driving back to the city. Visit to the subway station
4:30 pm - 5:00 pm Inside guided tour of St Isaac's Cathedral
5:30 pm - 6:00 pm Inside guided tour of the Church on Spilt Blood
6:30 pm Return to the ship or optional evening program
DAY 2 - Moscow
6:00 am - Transfer from the ship to the train station in St.Petersburg
7.00 am - "Sapsan" high-speed train to Moscow
11:00 am - Arrive to Moscow, meet your guide by the train and drive
11:00 am - 14:00 pm City Tour by private car/minibus: Red Square, Cathedral of Christ the Savior. Metro tour including most beautiful station(s)
14:00 pm - 15:00 pm Stop for lunch (not included)
15:30 pm – 16:30 pm Kremlin Grounds (replaced with different sites on Thursdays)
16:30 pm – 18:00 pm Armoury Museum Tour (replaced with different sites on Thursdays)
19:00 pm - Return to train station by car
19:30 / 19:40 pm - High-speed train back to SPB
11:30/11:40 pm - Arrival in St. Petersburg
00.30 Return to the ship
DAY 3 - St. Petersburg
7:30 am - Meeting by the ship
8:30 am - 9:30 am Boat ride along the rivers and canals
10:00 am - 12:00 pm Inside guided tour of the Hermitage Museum (early entrance, before official opening hours)
12:30 pm - 1:15 pm Stop for lunch (not included)
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm Inside guided tour of the Peter and Paul Fortress. Shopping
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm Inside guided tour of the Yusupov Palace
5:00 pm Return to the ship
An early pickup at the ship will bring you into St. Petersburg for an introductory tour of the city. Disembark your van at the river's edge and board a hyfrofoil to Peterhof, landing first at the lovely gardens where you will begin with a walk through Fountain Park and the Upper Gardens. Energizing yourself for the afternoon, you will break for lunch, determining your stop with the help of your guide. Ready, you will move on through the Tsars' Village and head for your inside, guided tour of Catherine Palace including the Amber Room.
Your van will be chatting about those palaces on your return ride to the city, where you will visit the subway station. Always more to see here and you cannot leave without your inside guided tour of St. Isaac's Cathedral. It's history is wonderful to hear but pales once you enter the Church of Spilt Blood, always an incredible visit. Where to look first, as you guide fills you in on the background of this incredible monument. You will have plenty to talk about once you board your ship for dinner and a good night's sleep.
An early morning transfer from your ship to the train station begins your day. The "Sapsan" high-speed train will take you easily to Moscow. You are already in the middle of Moscow when you arrive and your city tour will take you past Red Square, Cathedral of Christ the Savior, and the Metro tour which includes the most beautiful stations.
A quick stop for lunch will follow your introduction to Moscow and and your guide knows the best places with fast service and are happy to recommend.
First you will head over to the Kremlin grounds where your imagination will take over. Next enjoy your visit to the Armoury Museum, another location that will spur your memory into the past history of Russia. A quick ride to the train station and then a high speed train ride back to St. Petersburg finished the day - almost - as we will bring you to your door, rather the ship, for some well deserved sleep.
Greet your guide this morning and enjoy a relaxing boat ride along the city's rivers and canals. The sites on either side deserve your best camera. We are heading to the Hermitage Museum for early admission, before the official museum hours. Several hours of walking with your guide will deliver the magnificent story of the cluster of buildings that comprise the museum and its contents. A lunch stop will follow before you head to the Peter and Paul Fortress. This is a quick stop and allows a little shopping time before you move over to the Yusupov Palace, which is a must-see. This is the perfect way to end your stay in the city.
Departures: 08:30 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - This excursion is a non-visa tour for cruise ship passengers. According to Russian Federation law, visas are not required for shore excursions if you book through companies that are officially licensed and authorized by the Russian government to receive foreign cruise passengers and to operate inside St. Petersburg port areas. We will supply you with the tour ticket, called a blanket visa or booking confirmation, which you will pass to the customs/immigration offices. Due to the length of time needed to acquire these tour tickets, we ask that you please MAKE YOUR BOOKING NO LESS THAN 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE DAY YOU LEAVE HOME. Thank you.
- We will need the following information at the time of booking: Each passenger's full name as it appears in their passport; Citizenship; Date of birth; Passport number; Passport issue date; Passport expiration date; Arrival date into St. Petersburg; Departure date from St. Petersburg.
- Any information forwarded to ShoreTrips that is necessary to obtain a visa must be exact. We will pass on a $10 processing fee if corrections are necessary after we receive the visa. This is a per person fee, charged for each visa that requires changes.
- This includes standard admission to all museums in the program, guide's services for 3 days, driver's services for 3 days, car or minivan (Mercedes), permit for photo and/or video use in palaces and museums (except for video use in Yusupov Palace), and all port fees.
- The TRAIN RIDE is almost 4 hours each way. We include Economy Class seats, which has adjustable back rest, foot rest, arm rest, reading lights, folding table, built-in audio and video outputs. You are able to upgrade to Business Class, which adds leather seats, electrical outlets, Wi-Fi, Drinks and Hot Meals. You can also upgrade to First Class, which has everything listed plus Recliner Seats. Children must be seat in the same section as adults, even those children who 6 years and under who are exempt from the excursion cost.
- There is a nominal fee for video use in Yusupov Palace, which must be paid upon entry.
- Cost of food and beverage is not included. Suggestions will be supplied by your guide for lunch that will be quick and typical.
- Gratuity is not included. We suggest a 10% gratuity to your guide and 5% to your driver.