You'll be provided with a top-quality Segway, helmet and a radio with earpiece. With expert instruction from your experienced guide and a little practice, you'll soon be comfortable with your new ride and ready to roll.
The tour sets set out from Copenhagen's beautiful waterfront, avoiding cars and buses, gliding your way to some of the city's most iconic locations as your local guide narrates along the route. There will be stops along the way for some great photo opportunities.
The Maritime Monument pays homage to those in the Danish Merchant Navy who lost their lives in World War One. Perhaps the most famous of all of Copenhagen's statues is The Little Mermaid, from the beloved book of the same name, written by famous Dane, Hans Christensen Anderson. You'll pay a visit to the the impressive Amalienborg Palace, home of the Danish Royal Family and stop to see the beautiful monument to Princess Marie of Orléans.
The imposing Gefion Fountain is a site to behold. A base of large scale animals are driven from above by the Norse Goddess Gefion. Throw a coin in the fountain and make a wish!
The gliding continues, past the Marble Church, known for its rococo architecture, the sleek modern Royal Danish Playhouse and the architectural wonder that is the Copenhagen Opera House, all en route to Kings New Square. Located at the end of a pedestrian (and Segway!) mall, with cobblestone streets and and equestrian statue at its center, this is the largest and most important square in the city.
As the tour comes full circle, you'll receive a complimentary beverage and a Segway souvenir before you make your way back to the ship.
Departures: 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 01:00 PM, 02:00 PM, 03:00 PM, 04:00 PM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - If your ship docks at the Langelinie Pier, you will be met by your guide at the cruise ship pier.
- If your ship docks at Ocean Quay Cruise Pier, you will need to take a 10 minute ($17-20) taxi ride to the starting point of the tour.
- If your ship docks at Nordre Toldbod Cruise Pier, you may taxi a 5 minute ($12) taxi ride or make the 15 minute walk to the meeting point of your tour.
- Specific meeting instructions will appear on your voucher once you have purchased the tour.
- Please wear flat, comfortable shoes. No high heels.
- This tour operates in most kind of weather, please dress accordingly. Rain ponchos provided in the event of rain.