A 20 minute hike of moderate intensity will bring you to Cueva Ventana. En route, your bilingual Environmental Interpreters will introduce you to the the Pre-Colombian Taino culture of this area. You'll hear about the plant and animal life too, some of it endangered or nearly extinct.
As you enter the cave, you guide will explain its unique karst topography and geological formations and show you Taino petroglyphs and stone engravings left behind by these ancient peoples. You'll also hear about the resident bat population as well as giant (non-poinsonous) spiders and snakes who call this cave their home.
And now the moment you've been waiting for! Upon arrival at the "Window" you will be treated to breath-taking, panoramic views of this beautiful island and the Caribbean sea beyond.
Departures: 09:00 AM, 12:00 PM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - Wear hiking shoes or tennis shoes. No sandals allowed due to wet conditions inside the cave.
- Wear light, comfortable clothing. Bring a hat, sunglasses and sunblock.
- Don't forget your camera.
- If you are staying at a hotel outside of the San Juan area, extra transportation fees will apply. Please contact ShoreTrips for rates.
- Late departures are frequently requested. Please be advised that the sun sets around 5:30 p.m. in San Juan (depending on the season) and some public buildings are not open.
- If you need a different pickup time, please contact ShoreTrips.