In the many souvenir shops, you will find an astounding array of crafts and other wooden products, as well as items made of cloth, glass, bronze, and other materials, making gift choices a delightful challenge.
It is here, in Sarchi, where you will see craftsmen meticulously hand painting the colorful oxcarts and oxcart wheels that you will see elsewhere in Costa Rica.
Departures: 09:00 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see the purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. It is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- While your transfer will be private, we cannot guarantee that the tour will be private.
- A vegetarian lunch option is available by prior arrangement.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and light clothing.
- Bring a raincoat or umbrella, a jacket or sweater, and a hat.
- The rainy or “green season,” which typically brings sunny mornings and afternoon showers, lasts from May to November, but it's best to be prepared for rain at any time of the year.
- Transportation for 2-7 passengers will be in a minivan with a guide/driver.
- Transportation for 8-20 passengers will be in a minibus with a guide and a driver.
- Transfer to/from port to oxcart factories takes approximately 1.5 hours each way.