- Air conditioned vehicle and English-speaking driver/guide
- Leisurely countryside ride through Luberon
- View the farmer
- Stop at village of Lourmarin (visit the market on Friday mornings)
- Drive the winding road to Bonnieux for short walking tour for scenic view of Abbey
- Freetime in the village of Roussillon
- One last village, a visit to Gordes
Your drive through the Luberon will allow you to discover the extraordinary sites of the beautiful French countryside. You will see "Bories," wonderful stone constructions made by shepherds and farmers with the stones they found in the fields. These strange huts are built in various shapes; the dry stone even covers the roof. This landscape is also full of history, as it was, among other things, the theatre of the first battles between Catholics and Protestants in 16th century.
Your first stop will be at the village of Lourmarin (visit the market on Friday mornings), where you will wander around the small streets lined with tasteful shops and visit the Renaissance castle (exterior visit only). This is the village where Albert Camus has been buried so we can make a stop to see his grave.
After Lourmarin you will cross the Luberon mountain range, driving by way of a small winding road, to the village of Bonnieux, called Mont-Saint Michel of Provence, home to the worldwide famous Abbey. After a small walk you will be rewarded with a splendid view of the entire valley.
Roussillon, Provence’s most colorful village, with its brilliant red and ocher cliffs, is your next stop. Here you will have time for walking in the old ocher quarry, some shopping, and lunch (on your own).
You will end the day with a visit of Gordes, also considered one of the most beautiful villages in France, and probably one of the most photographed in Provence, before heading back to Marseille.
Departures: 09:00 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - Wear comfortable shoes, and don't forget to bring a camera!
- Please keep in mind that the order of this tour is approximate. Your guide will adapt to the rhythms and interests of your group, so please let her know of any special questions or interests that you may have.