Your tour begins as you venture on a short walking path that runs along the river bank, leading you to an open area where you'll find your kayak waiting.
After some safety lessons from your tour guide and a quick gear check, you'll launch your kayak into the river and immediately feel the intensity of the rushing water.
The swift currents carry your kayak downstream, challenging you and your partner to paddle confidently through various areas of exciting whitewater rapids and picturesque river pools.
As you pass under the old stone bridge, the currents begin to fade and your kayak takes a calm ride into the Caribbean Sea.
Once at sea, you'll paddle at your own pace along the coastline until you arrive at our private beach for a cool drink, some time to relax, and, if you wish, a dip in the warm Caribbean waters.
Finish your day at Columbus Park, a beautiful location overlooking the Caribbean Sea, which consists of ruins of buildings from the early Spanish colonial period and interesting artifacts from early Jamaican life. It is home to some of the best views of the island.
Departures: 09:45 AM, 01:00 PM, 10:15 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - River rapids are rated class 1 and class 2 (easy to moderate).
- River flow is rated class 3 (swift moving water).
- Kayak Adventure is Medium Adventure Rating.
- Kayaks are double seaters. If you have an odd number of people, you may be paired with another guest or one of our guides.
- Wear your swimsuit and bring a towel, sunblock, and cash for gratuity and any other extras.
- All participants will get wet.
- Food, beverages, and gratuity are not included in the price of the tour.
- Safety equipment details: Helmets provided (mandatory), life jackets provided (mandatory).
- This tour runs at the same time as the WHITEWATER RAFTING DOWN THE RIO BUENO and EXTREME ADVENTURE: RIVER BOARDING ON THE RIO BUENO tours so that individual members of a family or group can choose different activities (based on their preferences and physical abilities) while all being on the same tour.