- Animal Care
- Grooming, playing with and feeding animals
- Walking dogs
- Assist with inter-island transfers and adoptions
- Help clean the facilities
Through membership involvement, the primary objective of our program is to protect and care for homeless animals and to stand for the humane treatment of all animals throughout the island. Since its creation in 1957 this organization has made great strides and thrives off the volunteers who come to their grounds every day. Either through giving the new puppies a bath or feeding one of the cats available for adoption, it is certain that your time is an immeasurable asset to the care of the St. Thomas' animal life.
Departures: 09:00 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - Please be mindful of the clothing you wear today. We recommend you bring a change of clothes and/or bring a pair of old clothes with that you do not mind getting dirty.
- Bottled water and bathroom facilities are provided at the location.
- This trip requires a taxi ride from either pier location. Crown Bay is 4-5 miles and approximately $8 per person. Havensight is 2-3 miles and approximately $6 per person.
- If you have a group, please contact ShoreTrips for special transfer arrangements and rates.
ShoreTrips GIVE was developed to connect travelers with ongoing volunteer projects in the Caribbean. To accomplish this, ShoreTrips has partnered with Hope Floats, a non-profit foundation, which has agreed to organize these activities and to provide a meet and greet representative. The fee to participate in a GIVE activity covers all administration costs as well as a small donation to the organization. Because of its off-shore location, the fee is not tax deductible.