- Enjoy a private ride to Cassis along the coastline
- Walk this charming seaside village
- Have time for lunch, shopping, or a boatride to the Calanques
Cassis is a very charming village with its quays lined by cafés and restaurants, its jagged coves, its natural beaches and its old town. Many visitors come to see the Calanques, and stroll around the harbour.
The “route des Crêtes” high above the sea is very impressive and has a fabulous panorama of the area. This road links Cassis to La Ciotat and follows along the cliffs Soubeyranes. Above these cliffs are the famous calanques or inlets that go all the way to Marseille.
This little seaside resort is snuggled at the foot of a very tall cliff called Cap Canaille. Cassis is a wonderful place to stroll about with its picturesque fishing port lined with cafes and restaurants. The city built with its streets going up and down has lovely old quarters with an elegant “hotel de ville” on the shady square, where the inhabitants come to cool off and play "pétanque" on summer nights.
The "Vins de Cassis" appellation dates from 1936 and it is the oldest plantation in the region. Limited to only 180 hectares, 12 cellars in particular produce an excellent dry white wine, known for its delicate fruity taste.
This represents 80 % of the harvest, with the remaining 20 % divided between reds and rosés. This wine, which "dances in the glass" as the French say, goes wonderfully with the famous "bouillabaisse" or fish soup.
After your guided visit of this charming port you will have some free time to enjoy this peaceful town, taste a glass of wine lying on a terrace or do shopping… or enjoy a boatride to the calanques!
Departures: 09:30 AM, 02:00 PM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - The boat tours of the Calanques (45 minutes @ 16€ per person or 1 hour@ 19€ per person) from Cassis is NOT included in this tour. Guests who wish to take it have to pay for it on their own and should advise the guide of it so that the group eventually waits for them.
- Food, beverages, and gratuities are not included
- If you wish to take a boatride along the calanques, please advise your driver/guide to allow for time. Boat ride is a minimum of one hour and a major attraction in Cassis.