Our first stop is the Rainforest Discovery Center. From the observation tower you will delight in panoramic views of the park before we embark on a rainforest hike. The hike can be as little as half a mile up to five miles. The shorter you hike, the more time you will spend looking for birds and other wildlife.
Soberania National Park boasts an impressive list of 525 species of birds as well as 105 species of mammals, some of which are listed as endangered species. Each Christmas, the Audubon Society holds its world famous bird count, the record being 357 species of birds identified in a period of 24 hours.
Now that we have worked up an appetite you will enjoy a delicious picnic style lunch.
Departures: 07:00 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - We suggest you bring sunscreen as well as insect repellant.
- The price of lunch is included in this program. One non-alcoholic beverage and bottled water is also included.
- Please wear shoes with good traction.
- We suggest bringing a rain coat and dressing in light layers.
- You may want to bring binoculars. They will also be available for rental.
- You will be asked to indicate any allergies or dietary restrictions upon check out.