On this trip you will learn about coffee-growing, harvesting, and roasting as you tour the property and see all the stages of the process--from seedling to fragrant steaming cup.
And, of course, you will taste some of the world's best quality coffee, grown right here at the beautiful hacienda Espiritu Santo.
Finally, you will stop for lunch in Sarchi before heading back to the ship.
Departures: 08:30 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see the purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. It is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- While your transfer will be private, we cannot guarantee that the tour will be private.
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes and light clothing.
- Bring a raincoat or umbrella, a jacket or sweater, and a hat.
- The rainy or “green season,” which typically brings sunny mornings and afternoon showers, lasts from May to November, but it's best to be prepared for rain at any time of the year.
- Transportation for 2-7 passengers will be in a minivan with a guide/driver.
- Transportation for 8-20 passengers will be in a minibus with a guide and a driver.
- Transfer from port to plantation takes approximately 1.5 hours each way.