This tour will take you on a hike along a short, slightly hilly, loop trail through the forest, near the park headquarters, and along a flat, walkable road between the forest edge and the River Tárcoles, where American crocodiles are commonly seen along the banks.
Mangrove forests and tidal flats at the mouth of the Tárcoles add yet another facet to Carara’s rich habitats.
The climate ranges from hot and dry (mid-November to April) to hot and humid, during the rainy season (the rest of the year).
Departures: 08:15 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see the purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you don't miss your excursion. It is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- While your transfer will be private, we cannot guarantee that the tour will be private.
- A vegetarian lunch option is available by prior arrangement.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes, a swimsuit under your clothes, if you would like to swim, and a hat.
- Bring insect repellent, sunblock, towel, binoculars, and a camera.
- The rainy or “green season,” which typically brings sunny mornings and afternoon showers, lasts from May to November, but it's best to be prepared for rain at any time of the year.
- Transportation for 2-7 passengers will be in a minivan with a guide/driver.
- Transportation for 8-20 passengers will be in a minibus with a guide and a driver.
- Transfer time from port to Carara National Park takes about 45 minutes each way.