We'll meet you at the cruise ship pier and set off en route to one of Jamaica's famous rivers, where your adventure begins with a short walk through the rain forest to meet your raft at the starting point.
After some instructions from your friendly, experienced guide, you and the rest of your co-captains will board your 6-person raft and enter the fast flowing water.
With your captain steering the raft from the rear, you'll use teamwork to paddle through the twists and turns of the rushing whitewater rapids.
As you enter the deeper sections of the river, feel free to jump into the refreshing water for a swim and admire the natural beauty of your surroundings.
The river currents carry your raft over one final cascade as you pass under an old colonial stone bridge and head towards the Caribbean Sea.
Once at sea, your guide leads you to a private beach for a cool drink and some relaxation time.
Finish your day at Columbus Park, a beautiful location overlooking the Caribbean Sea, which consists of ruins of buildings from the early Spanish colonial period and interesting artifacts from early Jamaican life. It is home to some of the best views of the island.
Departures: 09:45 AM, 01:00 PM, 10:15 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - River flow is rated class 3 (swift moving water).
- River rapids are rated class 1 and class 2 (easy to moderate).
- Rafting Tour is Soft Adventure Rating.
- Wear your swimsuit and bring a towel, sunblock, and cash for gratuity and any other extras.
- All participants will get wet.
- Participants will be able to leave towels and dry clothes in the transportation vehicle for after rafting. The driver will remain with the vehicle and meet you at the beach at the end of your trip.
- You may bring a small waterproof bag with you on the raft to carry money or a camera. We do not recommend leaving valuables in a vehicle any time or anywhere.
- Food, beverages, and gratuity are not included in the price of the tour.
- Safety equipment details: Helmets provided (mandatory), life jackets provided (mandatory).
- This tour runs at the same time as the KAYAKING AND TUBING tours so that individual members of a family or group can choose different activities (based on their preferences and physical abilities).