- Learn how to handle a kayak
- Paddling through protected waterways of Casco Bay
- Lifejackets and safety briefing
- Scenic Views
- Guided Tour
This particular kayak tour is far more than the norm. Your introduction to your kayak is a lesson in paddling but also a discussion of weather and how it plays into your day. Your guide will orient you to charting and then fit you with the right equipment. This area is magical with a coastline of secret coves, pristine beaches, and over two thousand islands. Even this short adventure will reconnect you with the natural world and leave you with a sense of accomplishment.
As with any kayak adventure, the weather and thus the currents dictate your direction. We’ll explore protected waters and passages to island retreats, pocket beaches and maybe visit Fort Gorges an 1860’s granite block Civil War era fort for a little exploring. The route may vary depending on weather and interests.
You will return back to the beach in time for your ferry return and still you should have a little time in Portland to explore.
Departures: 09:00 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - Guides prefer the single kayaks but there are doubles available also if you prefer.
- Apparel suggested is quick dry athletic clothing; cotton clothing not recommended.
- Wet suits are available if you wish.
- We will be asking for heights, weights, and ages during when you make your booking. If you are unsure at the time of booking, you can email us afterwards at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office, 888-355-0220.
- Please bring water (you may purchase at the ferry terminal)
- Roundtrip ferry is approximately $8.00 per person.