We will connect you with this antique maven so you may forewarn her of your quest. She always carries a measuring tape and her camera so all you need are your measurements and anything you might be matching, if that is your goal. She will arrange packing and shipping, if you find your dream. And, as I said before, if you just want to learn from her years of experience as you travel around town, that suits her fine.
Set out to find your treasure with your expert guide in an incredible city filled with various antique shops and galleries to choose from. On your drive, your guide will provide you with different brochures to browse through from the local businesses. Develop your own treasure hunt of shops, where no two are alike.
Your antique adventure will then be tailored to stop at the shops with your particular interests or you may elect to stroll through the center of town and discover what each proprietor specializes in: French, English, American, Revolutionary through Civil War, china trade, early iron, folk art, books, hooked rugs, clocks, quilts, vintage clothes, garden antiques, fine art and fine furniture and estate jewelry just to name a few of the interesting antiques and collectibles.
And just to entice you a bit more, here are some tips from an Antiquing Pro!:
1. You can learn more about an antique from the bottom than from the top.
2. Mirrors are good deals and cheaper than artwork. "People who love mirrors are comfortable with who they are."
3. The polite way to ask for a discount it to say, "Is that your best price?"
4. Come prepared with measurements of the area you'd like to fill. Bring swatches of fabrics, carpets, paints and tile. Photographs of your home help too.
5. Be patient and ask questions. Developing relationships is not only fun but also yields handsome results.
Departures: 09:30 AM, 01:00 PM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - Your guide is the real deal! Carries a digital camera and measuring tape.
- Please note: This trip is also open to shopping, boutiquing, etc. Not limited to just antiques! Just give us a call and let us know your interests and we'll tailor this day to your needs.