- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier in a private vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Day of touring in Paris
- Lunch break (on your own)
The capital, as well as the largest city in France, Paris is home to more than 10 million people. Located on the Seine river, which divides the city into the Right Bank to the north and the Left Bank to the south (the two banks are linked by 32 bridges), Paris is full of must-see sights, and what you see is up to you. Some suggestions include:
- The Champs-Élysées, one of the world's most famous streets. Not only is it great for people watching, but many of the city's important historical events have taken place here, such as the executions of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.
- The Eiffel Tower, France's global icon. It was built by Gustave Eiffel in 1889 as the entrance arch for the Universal Exhibition, a World's Fair marking the centennial celebration of the French revolution. Although it is no longer the tallest structure in the world (it lost this title in 1930), this famous landmark still attracts over 5.5 million visitors per year.
- The 165-foot Arc de Triomphe, the most monumental of all triumphal arches. It is located at the western end of the Champs-Élysées and is the culmination point of the Tour de France every year.
- The legendary Notre-Dame Cathedral, where Napoleon crowned himself emperor. Notre-Dame is widely considered to be the finest example of French Gothic architecture, and while a major tourist destination, it is still used as a Roman Catholic cathedral.
- The village of Montmartre, a former winemaking and grain milling town, home to the old cobbled streets where bohemian artists such as Renoir, Matisse, Degas, and van Gogh worked and gathered inspiration.
- Or, head for some shopping on one of the city's famous avenues--Avenue Montaigne, the Champs-Élysées, and the Faubourg St.-Honore on the Right Bank, and rue des St-Peres and rue de Grenelle on the Left.
Departures: 08:00 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.