- Round trip transportation from area hotel
- 10-12 minute sightseeing helicopter flight each way
- Landing on Punchbowl Glacier in the Chugach Mountains
- 1.5 hours on the glacier with dogs and Iditarod mushers
- A real dog sled ride!
Ask anyone who has done a flight while in Alaska what their most memorable experience was and they are certain to reference their time in the air. Combine this with an authentic dog sledding experience and this very well could be the best excursion in all of Anchorage. Helicopters, glaciers, beautiful scenery and Huskies....what more could you want?
Following your pick up you will be taken to scenic Girdwood and board a Robinson R44 helicopter for a flight through the Chugach Mountain Range. The final destination will be Punchbowl Glacier where your small group will have the chance to interact with an experienced musher camp. Ask a musher any question that comes to mind as you walk along the glacier introducing yourself to Iditaord trained dogs and puppies. Once acquainted with the team you will hop aboard a sled for a ride of your own! This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Departures: 11:30 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - No minimum fitness required.
- Dress with warm, water-resistant coat, hat, and gloves.
- Wear tennis shoes or lightweight hiking boots.
- Bring your camera and binoculars.
- If needed, boots and raincoats will be provided.