We will start with a stop at the historic Fort Fincastle, small and shaped liked a paddle-wheel steamer. While here you will have a chance to explore the fort and the Queen Victoria Staircase with photo opts. Fort Fincastle was constructed back in 1793 by Lord Dunmore, the governor of the island at the time, in order to protect the island. Afterwards, you will pass by another historic fort, Fort Charlotte. Charlotte was the wife of King George III and it is in her honor that Lord Dunmore named it when he had it built in 1789. The fort is quite impressive, with a moat, a drawbridge, ramparts, cannons, and a dungeon. The story will give you an image of the past as you drive by.
Next, we'll pass through Bay Street, the heart of Nassau's shopping district, and home to the famous Straw Market. Continue onto the Water Tower for an awesome photo stop! Views of other attractions include the Government House, which is the official residence of the Governor General of the Bahamas since 1801, the Governor's Mansion, and Gregory's Arch, named after Governor John Gregory who served around 1850.
Last but not least, it's time to visit Paradise Island and the world famous Atlantis, where we'll make a short stop. Here, you'll have free time to explore the amazing lobby, casino, and shops before returning to the cruise ship pier. If you decide to stay at Atlantis, you'll need to taxi back independently.
For those customers who wish to see more of Atlantis, you can purchase either of these packages on-site:
- "Discover Atlantis Beach Pass" (adults $69, children $40): aquarium and beach access, and more!
- "Aquaventure Pass" (adults $120, children $80): aquarium, beach, pool, water slide access, and more!
Please note: Atlantis passes (any) are subject to availability. ShoreTrips does not sell Atlantis passes.
Departures: 10:20 AM, 12:50 PM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - Please wear comfortable shoes and attire for this tour.
- If you choose to stay at Atlantis, you will need to get return transportation on your own. Return taxis usually take about 20 minutes and cost about $5 per person. It is your responsibility, in this case, to keep an eye on the time.
- If you are planning to purchase one of the Atlantis entertainment packages at your last stop and stay at the property to play, you may want to bring: towels, sunscreen, extra T-shirts, and/or anything else that you might need at a beach day.
- If you purchase an Atlantis package, the resort will use your credit card for food, beverages, and any other purchases as this is a cashless facility.
- There is a very brief tour available at the Fincastle Fort that is $5. It is optional. Otherwise, we'll make our standard 20-minute stop at this site where you will be free to explore.
- We will not stop to shop on Bay Street, however, there may be shopping opportunities at Fincastle.