You'll be picked up in an air-conditioned vehicle and whisked off to the most famous Mayan ruin in the Yucatan. During the 3-hour drive, you'll be treated to a continental breakfast, including beer, bottled water, and soft drinks.
Then, refreshed and revitalized, you'll meet your certified tourist guide, who will unveil the history and mysteries of Chichen Itza during a tour lasting about 1.5 hours. Later, you'll have time to enjoy this spectacular ancient city on your own.
Walk at your own pace. Admire the Temple of Kukulcan, known as “El Castillo,” or visit the Observatory. Take pictures or chill out on a nearby chair to soak in the entire ambiance.
When you've finished exploring the grounds, enjoy a delicious buffet lunch which includes the perfect variety of dishes: salads, hamburgers, pasta, soup, chilaquiles, chicken fajitas, beans, desserts, and other regional food. Drinks are available for purchase.
After vegging out on some freshly-made local food, we'll head to the beautiful Ikkil Cenote. Saving the best for last, you'll head 85 feet underground via a spiral staircase with small waterfalls and endless vines streaming around you. The sun will serve as your spotlight into the crystal blue waters as you're invited to dive into the cenote's refreshing H20.
Your camera won't do your surroundings justice, but make sure to bring it along!
Departures: 07:30 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - Travel time between Riviera Maya and Chichen Itza generally takes about 3 hours each way, depending on traffic, location of hotel, and number of pick-up stops.
- Please be advised that photos and videos can be taken, but with government restrictions and an extra charge. Ask your guide.
- Wear light and comfortable clothing (long pants, if possible), walking shoes, sunglasses, and a hat.
- We suggest that you bring towels, a swimsuit (if you wish to swim), and cash for souvenirs, tips, photos and videos, etc.
- Please use biodegradable sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Life vests are available for rent at the Ikkil cenote for $3 USD per person.