We will confirm your reservation when we have at least 4 passengers booked. You will be notified about two weeks prior to the start of the cruise with options of more expensive private trips if we are not able to run the shared tour.
This tour includes:
- Never more than 8 passengers per vehicle!
- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
- English-speaking driver
- Ancient Rome of Emperors, including Colosseum (outside only)
- Renaissance and Baroque Rome of Popes, including St. Peter's Basilica
Your tour begins with the Ancient Rome of Emperors: Capitoline Hill, the famous Colosseum (from the outside), Palatine Hill, Circus Maximus, the Thermal Baths of Caracalla, Ancient Appian Way, the Catacombs, the Pantheon, and Aula Ottagona.
There is also the Renaissance and Baroque Rome of Popes, including the Trevi Fountain, the beautiful Spanish Steps, St. Peter in Chains, Navona Square, Farnese Square, Janiculum Hill, and, of course, St. Peter's Basilica.
St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican will be our final stop, but remember that there are days when its entrance is blocked. We may have to substitute a site when that happens.
Departures: 08:00 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - The price of this tour includes a vehicle and a wonderful English-speaking driver for the day. Your driver can tell you everything you want to know about the city, but is not a licensed guide and cannot take you into sites. Admissions, food, beverages, or gratuities are not included in the tour price.
- A strict dress code is enforced in St. Peter's Basilica, so please do not wear shorts, tank tops, or revealing clothing. You may be asked to check large bags, backpacks, and video cameras.