You will enjoy a wonderful, very knowledgeable licensed guide who comes from a special bureau of training. He/she will impart knowledge and stories as you visit the Sagrada Família, the #2 attraction. It is an amazing Roman Catholic church in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, designed by Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí. Its construction started in 1882 and was finally finished in 2010. The architect was hit by a car outside the structure as he was gazing up at it.
Passeig de Gràcia, the major street, will connect lots of dots as you move through the city. You will see the facades of Casa Batlló and La Pedrera as you travel along to the Eixample, a district of Barcelona between the old city and what were once surrounding small towns, constructed in the 19th and early 20th centuries. See the main access gate called the Arc de Triomf, the Old Port, and the Columbus Monument. The Gothic Drassanes, another name for the Royal Shipyards, whose construction started in the 13th century, now houses the Barcelona Maritime Museum, an attraction that you can return to later in your day. The World Trade Center is beautiful and with its shape resembling a ship, might be hard to decipher if many ships are nearby as you pass.
No trip to Barcelona is complete without the outstanding views from Montjuic Hill. Mirador Lookout will give you a sense of the city and also a great panoramic of the site of the 1992 Summer Olympic Games. Finally, you will stop at the Poble Espanyol, a 5-acre site also referred to as the Spanish Village, where you will have some free time to explore, shop, and grab a snack.
Departures: 10:00 AM, 12:30 PM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - This is a shared bus tour. The number of people will vary depending on the season and the day of the week.
- This tour has a central meeting point and you must allow about 15 minutes to arrive by taxi from the cruise ship pier.
- The same excellent guide will provide the tour even for one person.
- Admissions to Sagrada Familia and Poble Espanyol are included and are a 25 Euro value.
- This tour is only provided in English.
- This tour has a small amount of walking.
- LIMITED MOBILITY WITH COLLAPSIBLE WHEELCHAIR. If you are able to climb a few steps with assistance to board the bus, we will store your wheelchair and reserve front seats for you.