- Round trip transportation from your hotel
- English-speaking driver
- Lunch break
- Villa Gregoriana
- Hadrian’s Villa
Your tour begins with a lovely 30-minute drive from Rome to Tivoli--an ancient Italian town with a mild climate and magnificent panoramas of the city and the Latium plain, as well as a worshipping place for local religions.
Upon arrival in Tivoli, you’ll visit Villa Gregoriana, an impressive park peppered with hillside temple ruins, gorges, caves, designer waterfalls, a Cathedral, the renowned Rocca Pia--a fortress-residence built in the middle of the 15th century--and, above all, the Villa d'Este, with an Italian garden famous for its magical atmosphere—and 500 fountains! Additionally, no visit is complete without a stop at the Grotto of Diana, rich in mythological sights.
Your next stop is at Hadrian's Villa, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is of important cultural and archaeological significance. The Villa displays echoes of many different architectural orders, mostly Greek and Egyptian, and has an extensive network of underground tunnels used to transport servants and goods from one area to another. Many beautiful artifacts have been unearthed and restored, including marble statutes and mosaics from the theatre and baths, and are in major antiquities collections throughout Europe and North America.
Departures: 09:00 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - The price of this tour includes a private vehicle and a wonderful English-speaking driver for the day. Your driver can tell you whatever you want to know about the city, but is not a licensed guide and cannot take you into sites.
- Admissions (Tivoli - approximately 6.5 Euro), food, beverages, and gratuities are not included in the price of this tour.
- Between the visits to the two Villas, you will make a stop at a local restaurant for a typical lunch.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended for this tour.
- You can get an audio tour when you arrive. You must leave your credit card as assurance that the machine will be returned.