- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
- Experienced local guide
- Kelly's Mountain
- Ferry ride across St. Ann's Bay
- Little River Fisherman's Wharf
- Keltic Lodge
- Neil's Harbor
- Baddeck - Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site (If time permits)
When you talk about Sydney, Nova Scotia odds are the Cabot Trail is going to come up in discussion. This isn't simply coincidence or some alignment of the stars. Standing as one of Canada's greatest Highways, the Cabot Trail serves as the well deserved flag bearer to Sydney sightseeing and is the perfect way to spend a day of exploring.
In your group of no more than 12 passengers we'll take you into the Cape Breton countryside with Kelly's Mountain as your first stop. From here you will have access to two beautiful lookouts which provide spectacular views of St. Ann's Bay. We'll then take you down from the hills and to the shoreline as you hop aboard the Englishtown ferry on the way to the fishing town of Little River. Local fishing captains will show you the ropes of their livelihood and life living off the fruits of the Atlantic.
A stop at the Keltic Lodge in Ingonish brings you to a historic location within Cape Breton Highlands National Park. The area grounds are situated right on the coastline and provide remarkable views of the Cape Smokey Mountains. Built in 1940 by wealthy rubber mogul from Akron, the Keltic Lodge now ranks as one of the most impressive amongst national park lodges!
As fishing villages line the coast your next stop will be Neil's Harbor which is home to about 300 residents year round. With most local residents working in the lobster and crab fishing industry you are certain to see colorful snow crab pots scattered in the water, providing the perfect opportunity for photos. If time permits, you will stop at the Alexander Graham Bell National Historic site to pay homage to a famous inventor or simply grab some ice cream and soak in your surroundings one last time.
Departures: 08:00 AM, 09:00 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - This tour requires a minimum of 4 passengers to run. We will work on combining you with other travelers.
- Food, beverages, and gratuities are not included in this tour.
- Maximum amount of passengers: 12
- You are purchasing a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group. If you use a walker, wheelchair or scooter or if you have mobility problems you will be refused service and not refunded. We suggest that you purchase a private tour for your best enjoyment.