- Pickup at the cruise ship pier
- Private English-speaking guide
- Visit to Ephesus
- A lovely beach club stop--swimming, sunbathing
- Umbrella and lounge chair at the beach club
Visit Ephesus, one of the most magnificent and best preserved ancient sites in the world. Historians originally believed that Ephesus was founded by the Amazons, but now it is more commonly thought to have been the Hittite city of Apasa. The Virgin Mary is said to have visited the site between 37 and 45 A.D.
With your guide, you will see the Odeion, where the advisory council held its meetings, and the baths, as well as many other columns, monuments, and ruins, including the Celsus Library, whose facade has been carefully reconstructed from all original pieces.
Next, we're off to a very lovely beach club in Kusadasi. Your guide will help you get checked into the club and then depart. Though this beach club may be considered intimate by U.S. standards, it is the largest and most elite beach club in Kusadasi. The restaurant, bar, and sandy beach are considered to be the best that a private club has to offer.
Enjoy an afternoon of relaxing and swimming in the Aegean Sea before taking a taxi back to the pier.
Departures: 09:00 AM, 08:00 AM, 12:30 PM, 01:00 PM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - You will need to take a taxi back to the pier after you are done lounging at the beach. Be sure to keep an eye on the time. The taxi from the beach club to the pier should be about $7/taxi.
- The beach club does not provide towels. You will need to bring your own.
- Pack your swimsuit and any other beach attire.
- Ephesus gets very crowded and extremely hot in the summer months, so take plenty of water, sunscreen, and head covers.