If you're lucky, you may catch a glimpse of the brides and grooms dressed in full regalia and lined up at the government building for their weddings, as marriages take place all day long, almost every day.
Next we'll tour Catherine Palace and then drive to Peterhof and stop for lunch, which is not included in the price of this tour. At the suggestion of your guide, you can select what sounds appealing, but we promise you that this lunch will be quick and reasonably priced, as we want to get you back on the touring trail!
After a walk through Fountain Park, we'll travel back to the city by hydrofoil along the Neva River. Then we'll tour the must-see Hermitage Museum, followed by a visit to one of the most stirring monuments, the Church of the Spilt Blood, also called Church of the Resurrection of Christ. Though you won't need a lengthy visit here, it will prove memorable for long after your visit.
We'll return you to your cruise ship after an exhilarating day in this magnificent Russian city.
Departures: 08:00 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - There is a discount for one child per two adult spaces. If you are traveling with a child 17 years and younger, contact ShoreTrips for a discounted rate.
- This excursion is a non-visa tour for cruise ship passengers. According to Russian Federation law, visas are not required for shore excursions if you book through companies that are officially licensed and authorized by the Russian government to receive foreign cruise passengers and to operate inside St. Petersburg port areas. We will supply you with the tour ticket, called a blanket visa or booking confirmation, which you will pass to the customs/immigration offices.
- We will need the following information at the time of booking: Each passenger's full name as it appears in their passport; Citizenship; Date of birth; Passport number; Passport issue date; Passport expiration date; Arrival date into St. Petersburg; Departure date from St. Petersburg.
- Any information forwarded to ShoreTrips that is necessary to obtain a visa must be exact. We will pass on a $10 processing fee if corrections are necessary after we receive the visa. This is a per person fee, charged for each visa that requires changes.
- This tour includes standard admission to all museums listed in the itinerary, guide's services for 1 day, driver's services for 1 day, car or minivan (Mercedes), permit for photo and/or video use in palaces and museums, and all port fees.
- Cost of food and beverage is not included. Suggestions will be supplied by your guide for lunch that will be quick and typical.
- Gratuity is not included. We suggest a 10% gratuity to your guide and 5% to your driver.
- If your cruise ship departs at 7 PM or earlier your itinerary will be adjusted. Some locations, depending on the day, will have to be skipped. This is due to the working hours of local museums.