We will confirm your reservation when we have at least 4 passengers booked. You will be notified about two weeks prior to the start of the cruise with options of more expensive private trips if we are not able to run the shared tour.
This tour includes:
- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
- English-speaking driver
- Guide for 3 hours while in Florence
- Santa Croce Church
- Piazza della Signoria--Palazzo Vecchio and Ponte Vecchio
- Pisa's Field of Miracles--Baptistery, Campo Santo, Duomo, and the Leaning Tower
- Stop at a winery for tour and tasting
Our first stop, beating the crowds, will be in Pisa's "Field of Miracles" where you will find the Duomo (cathedral), Baptistery, Campo Santo (cemetery) and, of course, Campanile, better known as the Torre Pendente — the Leaning Tower. Make sure to bring your camera!
When we arrive in Florence, you'll get a stunning panoramic view of the city from Piazzale Michelangelo, high on the hill. Then head to Santa Croce Church, where Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, and Rossini are all buried. After that, your driver will park in the Piazza del Duomo to survey the superb Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, the second largest church in the world, and the Baptistery with its impressive bronze doors.
You are now in the middle of the pedestrian zone, only five minutes from one of the most sophisticated shopping areas in the world! And of course we'll stop by Piazza della Signoria, home of Palazzo Vecchio, and Ponte Vecchio, the famous 14th century bridge -- home of Florence's gold shops. Art lovers will be glad to know we can pre-book tickets for the Accademia gallery enabling you to jump the line so you'll have time to sit down in a geniune trattoria and sample a bit of Tuscan cuisine!
On the way back to port, we'll take you on a scenic drive through the rolling Chianti hills, lush with vineyards and olive orchards, and visit a charming Chianti winery for some world famous tastings!
Departures: 08:00 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - You will have a guide for 3 hours in Florence.
- Tickets to the Accademia are about 16.50€ per ticket per person. You will pay this fee in cash directly to the driver at the time of the tour.
- Please note that if you are making a last-minute booking, especially during the high season, we cannot guarantee that you will have tickets reserved. Pre-reserved tickets are non-refundable.
- Food, beverages, entrance fees, and gratuities are not included in the price of this tour. The tasting and tour at the winery is included.
- Please keep in mind that this is a shared tour. It is not private. The tour operator must maintain his schedule for a fair and successful day for all.