Please Note: Your exact itinerary for the day is dependent on the time that your Vatican tickets are arranged for. That time will be determined after the tour is confirmed.
The Vatican Museums contain masterpieces of painting, sculpture, and other works of art collected by the popes through the centuries. The Museums include several monumental works of art, such as Raphael's Rooms and the Sistine Chapel, among others.
Museums typically included in this tour include the Cortile della Pigna; Belvedere Palace (Pio-Clementine Museum); Galleries of the Candelabra, of Tapestries, and of Maps; and Raphael's Rooms. Due to the way that traffic inside the museums is regulated, certain portions may occasionally be closed off, so please note that the itinerary may change from time to time.
Located within these museums is the incomparable Sistine Chapel. Built in the second half of the 15th century, the chapel boasts a ceiling that is adorned by magnificent frescoes. Painstakingly painted by Michelangelo over the course of four years, the ceiling depicts scenes from the Book of Genesis, the Creation, and much more, including over 300 painted figures!
As you exit the museums and enter Vatican Square, you'll arrive at St. Peter's Basilica. The most visited Basilica in the world, the dome was designed by Michelangelo, who worked on the construction of the basilica beginning in 1547.
After you've completed your tour of the Basilica, you'll be taken back to your hotel.
Departures: 01:30 PM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - The price of this tour includes a private vehicle and driver for 4 hours, and a private guide for 3 hours at the Vatican. It does not include any admissions, food, beverages, or gratuities.
- This tour will pre-reserve tickets to the Vatican, which will avoid having to wait in line. Upon arrival at the Vatican, you'll meet up with your guide, who will have your entrance tickets in hand. The guide will collect the cost of the entrance tickets, which is 30€ per person (25€ for anyone between the ages of 6-18 and free for those 5 and under). This must be paid in Euros. Credit cards are not accepted. Your tour time is subject to availability at the time of your reservation.
- A strict dress code is enforced in St. Peter's Basilica, so please do not wear shorts, sleeveless tops, skirts above the knee, or revealing clothing.
- You will spend about two hours between the Museums and Sistine Chapel.
- The pre-reserved tickets are non-refundable.
- Please be aware we will confirm your tour in order to secure a car and driver for your excursion. This does not mean the Vatican portion of your tour is confirmed. If, for any reason, we are unable to confirm the pre-reserved Vatican portion of your tour, we will contact you as soon as we are notified and let you know of any available alternatives.