We will confirm your reservation when we have at least 5 passengers booked. You will be notified about two weeks prior to the start of the cruise with options of more expensive private trips if we are not able to run the shared tour.
This tour includes:
- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Blanket visa
- Standard admission to all museums listed in the itinerary
- Permit for photo and/or video use in palaces and museums
- Hydrofoil to Peterhof
- Metro (subway) ride
- Traditional Russian Style lunch on Day 1
You will take an inside, guided tour of:
- St. Nicholas Cathedral--monument of Russian naval glory
- Fountain Park--also known as "the Russian Versailles"
- Tsars Village--filled with lavish, imperial palaces
- Catherine Palace--home of the legendary Amber Room
- Hermitage Museum--one of the largest museums of art and culture in the world
- Church of the Spilt Blood--a marvelous Russian-style church
- Peter and Paul's Fortress
- Faberge Museum--largest collection of Faberge works in the world, including the famous Imperial Easter eggs
You will drive by/see the outside of:
- Nevsky Prospekt--main street filled with cathedrals and boutiques
- National Library
- Kazan Cathedral
- Square of Arts
- Ethnographical Museum
- Michael's Castle
- The Admiralty
- Theater Square-Mariinksky Theatre
- Summer Garden and Log Cabin of Peter the Great
An early pickup at the ship will bring you into St. Petersburg for an introductory tour of the city. You can expect to see the most beautiful, historical sites in St. Petersburg, with photo stops along the way. Your English-speaking guide is well-acquainted with his/her native city and will prove to be an excellent escort as you see Nevsky Prospekt; the National Library, Kazan Cathedral; the Square of Arts, including the Ethnographical Museum, and Michael's Castle; The Admiralty; Theatre Square with the famous Mariinsky Theatre; and St. Nicholas Cathedral.
If you're lucky, you may catch a glimpse of the brides and grooms dressed in full regalia and lined up at the government building for their weddings, as marriages take place all day long, almost every day.
Next, you'll travel by hydrofoil along the Neva River, where you'll disembark in Peterhof for a visit of Fountain Park. It is here that we will have lunch with enough time to rest your feet and perhaps ask some questions about daily life in Russia.
From here, you'll travel to the Tsars Village and Catherine Palace. The final stop of the day will be at the world-famous Faberge Museum. You'll return to your cruise ship after an amazing day of discovery.
The familiar face of your guide will again greet you at the ship and begin your immersion into the city. Today, you will tour the Hermitage Museum, and the Church of the Spilt Blood. Your guide will also take you to see everyday life in the city, including some shopping, a visit to the farmer's market, or a subway ride, if you like.
A late afternoon return to your ship will find you satisfied that your time was wisely spent, as well as wondering when you might be able to return to this city of energy and magic.
If you wish to add an evening activity, such as a theatre performance, a folkloric show, a boat trip, or even a typical Russian dinner experience, we can arrange that per your request at extra cost.
Departures: 08:00 AM, 09:00 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - This tour requires a minimum of 5 to operate.
- The maximum number per vehicle is 12.
- This 2-day tour is only open to passengers on cruise ships that are in port for 2 days. If your ship is in port for 3 days, you will not be confirmed.
- This excursion is a non-visa tour for cruise ship passengers. According to Russian Federation law, visas are not required for shore excursions if you book through companies that are officially licensed and authorized by the Russian government to receive foreign cruise passengers and to operate inside St. Petersburg port areas. We will supply you with the Tourist Ticket, also called a blanket visa, which you will pass to the customs/immigration offices. Due to the length of time needed to acquire the Tourist Tickets, we ask that you please MAKE YOUR BOOKING NO LESS THAN 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE DAY YOU LEAVE HOME. Thank you.
- We will need the following information at the time of booking: Each passenger's full name as it appears on their passport; Citizenship; Date of birth; Passport number; Passport issue date; Passport expiration date; Arrival date into St. Petersburg; Departure date from St. Petersburg.
- Any information forwarded to ShoreTrips necessary to obtain a Tourist Ticket must be exact. We will pass on a $10 processing fee if corrections are necessary after we receive the Tourist Ticket. This is a per person fee, charged for each Tourist Ticket that requires changes.
- This tour includes standard admission to all museums listed in the itinerary, guide's services for 2 days, driver's services for 2 days, transportation by minivan, permit for photo and/or video use in palaces and museums, and all port fees.
- The cost of food and beverage is not included, except for lunch on Day 1. Suggestions will be supplied by your guide for other meals that will be quick and typical.
- Gratuity is not included. We suggest a 10% gratuity to your guide and 5% to your driver.
- Please keep in mind that this is a shared tour. It is not private. The tour operator must maintain his schedule for a fair and successful day for all.