Please Note: Your exact itinerary for the day is dependent on the time that your Vatican tickets are arranged for. That time will be determined after the tour is confirmed.
The Vatican Museums contain masterpieces of painting, sculpture, and other works of art collected by the popes through the centuries. The Museums include several monumental works of art, such as Raphael's Rooms and the Sistine Chapel, among others.
Museums typically included in this tour include the Cortile della Pigna; Belvedere Palace (Pio-Clementine Museum); Galleries of the Candelabra, of Tapestries, and of Maps; and Raphael's Rooms. Due to the way that traffic inside the museums is regulated, certain portions may occasionally be closed off, so please note that the itinerary may change from time to time.
Located within these museums is the incomparable Sistine Chapel. Built in the second half of the 15th century, the chapel boasts a ceiling that is adorned by magnificent frescoes. Painstakingly painted by Michelangelo over the course of four years, the ceiling depicts scenes from the Book of Genesis, the Creation, and much more, including over 300 painted figures!
As you exit the museums, you'll arrive at St. Peter's Basilica and avoid the long lines outside. The most visited Basilica in the world, the dome was designed by Michelangelo, who worked on the construction of the basilica beginning in 1547.
For the rest of the day, you'll be able to stop and start as you like or use your driver for his knowledge of the area, which he knows well. If you prefer to have a licensed guide during the balance of your day in Rome, which is approximately 3 hours, you may request this when you make your booking.
If time allows, you will see some of the ancient and popular sites in the city. Among them might be the famous Roman Forum and the Colosseum (special entry ticket must be prepurchased, or the Pantheon.
There is so much more to see and perhaps, depending on traffic and time, you may see the Trevi Fountain or the beautiful Spanish Steps, but we make no promises.
Departures: 07:30 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - The price of this tour includes a private vehicle and driver for the day, and a private guide for 3 hours at the Vatican Museums with special access to the Basilica, avoiding the lines outside. It does not include any additional admissions, food, beverages, or gratuities.
- This tour will pre-reserve tickets to the Vatican, which will avoid having to wait in line. Upon arrival at the Vatican, you'll meet up with your guide, who will have your entrance tickets in hand. The guide will collect the cost of the entrance tickets, which is 30€ per person (25€ for anyone between the ages of 6-18 and free for those 5 and under). This must be paid in Euros. Credit cards are not accepted. Your tour time is subject to availability at the time of your reservation.
- A strict dress code is enforced in St. Peter's Basilica, so please do not wear shorts, sleeveless tops, skirts above the knee, or revealing clothing.
- You will spend about two hours between the Museums and Sistine Chapel.
- The pre-reserved tickets are non-refundable.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you have more than 12 people in your party.