- Private round trip car transportation from your Florence hotel
- English-speaking driver
- Visit to some of the villages of the Cinque Terre
- Travel by boat and/or train (additional fees apply)
- Time for exploring, eating, drinking, shopping
- Amazing photo opportunities!
This adventure takes you from Portovenere to the Cinque Terre (the Five Lands), located on the Poet's Gulf, so named for its many famous bards, from Dante to Bryon. Begin in Portovenere, a small natural paradise only 20 minutes by boat from the Cinque Terre. Enter the small historic center by the medieval walls and walk along the "Carrugio," which, in Genoese dialect, means "small street." Come to the ancient Castello Doria and the Bryon cave, named for the old poet-navigator who inspired Richard Wagner's compositions.
Next, you are on to the Cinque Terre, five small ancient fortified villages inaccessible until some decades ago when a road was built. A thousand years ago the towns were built into the rocks by ancient people in order to defend themselves from barbaric invasions. These ancient people found refuge between the sea and the mountains, completely isolating themselves from the rest of the world, living on agriculture and fishing. Today, they still preserve their ancient enchanting allure. There are no cars and no noise, only nature. Except for Monterosso, home to 1,000 people, the population of each town is less than 500.
The Cinque Terre are connected to one another by sea, by train, and by trails along the coast. Once in Manarola, you can take the boat again to reach Vernazza, passing by Corniglia. Arrive at Monterosso, the last stop, where you'll find your driver waiting for you. Throughout the tour, you can stop as long as you like--eat the best fish in the world, sample the wine produced on the hill that surrounds the villages, revel in the incredible color of the sea and the sky.
Departures: 09:00 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - The price of this tour includes a private vehicle and wonderful English-speaking driver for the day. It does not include any admissions, food, beverages, or gratuities.
- The price of this tour does not include ferry tickets. A boat tour (one way) is 22€ per person. The ticket allows you to visit all the Cinque Terre, one way. You can disembark the ferry at any village and stay as long as you like. When you're ready to continue your journey, simply re-board the ferry, with the same ticket, and continue your trip.
- Your English-speaking driver is able to give a general guideline and history of places and all major monuments while you are in the car. Being a native, he is very knowledgeable, and will be able to suggest the perfect itinerary to suit your needs.
- The exact itinerary of the tour may be adjusted.