- Transportation in an air conditioned vehicle with a licensed guide
- See the Convention Center, designed by Lord Norman Foster
- See the Valencia Modern Art Museum
- Stop at the Calatrava Bridge and the Underground Station
- Drive above and walk the Turia Gardens, the fabulous riverbed trail
- Visit Umbráculo, a palm-tree garden
- Quick stop for a drink: coffee, beer, soft drink or horchata (included)
- Stop at City of Arts and Sciences if time permits
Your guide will pick you up at you pier or hotel and immediately start explaining the city and its evolution along the centuries, focusing especially on the last ten years.
Your first stop will be the Conference Center, designed by Lord Norman Foster and opened in 1998. From there the tour continues along the former riverbed, now Turia Gardens, to see the Valencia Modern Art Museum (IVAM) and some of the bridges over the Gardens. You will stop for a closer view of the Calatrava bridge and Underground station.
Next you will walk along the Turia Gardens until you reach the Music Hall, created by Garcia Paredes in 1987. Afterwards, visit the City of Arts and Sciences, designed by the renowned architect Santiago Calatrava. Mr. Calatrava was born in Valencia and the city is quite proud of his accomplishments. This site is the new landmark of the city, a state-of-the-art architectural and entertainment complex. It is breathtaking, both from a distance and close up.
Continue to walk along the Turia Gardens to observe the impressive North Facade of the Science Museum, which simulates a glazed waterfall over the dry riverbed. Then walk to the Hemisferic, a building conceived as a large human eye, where IMAX movies, planetarium and laser shows are shown.
Finally, visit the Umbráculo, a palm-tree garden covered by a "pergola" made of iron.
At some point, designated by your guide, make a short stop for a drink. A shopping stop may also be made at the souvenir shops in the City of Arts and Sciences, time permitting.
Departures: 10:00 AM, 04:00 PM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - A drink of your choice (soft drink, beer, coffee, horchata, etc.) is included in the price of this tour.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes. This tour will run rain or shine.