Your experience begins immediately with a panoramic drive that will include Portovenere. Portovenere is a town that dates back to at least the middle of the first century. The ancient town is a hidden treasure for tourists and even residents of Italy to still discover. The town, or “comune” as referred to by the Italian government, is located on the provincial coast of La Spezia, in the region of Liguria. Rocky horizons, lush forests and vegetation, completed with bodies of water suppled by the Mediterranean Sea, surround this area. Perhaps the most profound scenery of Portovenere is the strip of homes that lay across the shoreline of the marina. It’s quite the sight.
From here you can continue on by ferry to Manarola and Vernazza. Tiny Manarola is a tumble of buildings bunny-hopping down its ravine to the harbor. You can hike up to Punta Bonfiglio — for a bar on a bluff between the cemetery and the sea — or enjoy tasty treats born right here: pesto on your focaccia, washed down by crisp local wine sprinkled with Mediterranean twinkles. Talk about going local. Vernazza is the next to northernmost town and perhaps most picturesque of the five towns of Cinque Terre in Italy. Colorful, antique homes cling to impossible cliffs. Your driver will be waiting for you in Vernazza and will take you on the most interesting route back to your starting point, through Corniglia. You may stop here if you wish.
Unlike the other localities of the Cinque Terre, Corniglia is not directly adjacent to the sea. Instead, it is on the top of a promontory about 100 metres high, surrounded on three sides by vineyards and terraces and the fourth side descends steeply to the sea, affording lovely views. This is not usually included but it allows you a view that is amazing and also let's you understand Cinque Terre.
On the return trip, we'll take the stunning panoramic road high above the Cinque Terre, stopping in Pisa, where you can get up close to the Leaning Tower! You'll be back at your ship 20 minutes after leaving Pisa.
Departures: 08:30 AM, 07:30 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - Your English-speaking driver will not enter sites with you, but will give running commentaries of what you are seeing and make sure you have enough time to visit each site.
- The price of this tour does not include ferry tickets. A boat tour (one way) is 22€ per person. The ticket allows you to visit all the Cinque Terre, one way. You can disembark the ferry at any village and stay as long as you like. When you're ready to continue your journey, simply re-board the ferry, with the same ticket, and continue your trip.
- This trip is not suitable for anyone with mobility issues.
- Food, beverages, and gratuities are not included in the price of this tour.
- The exact itinerary of the tour may be adjusted.
- We strongly encourage a 730am start time for anyone on ships that arrive at 7am or earlier. If you insist on a later start time, the amount of villages you visit may be effected.