- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
- English-speaking driver and guide
- Blanket visa
- Standard admission to all museums listed in the itinerary
- Permit for photo and/or video use in palaces and museums
- Hydrofoil to Peterhof
- Metro (subway) ride
- Boat trip through rivers and canals
You will take an inside, guided tour of:
- St. Nicholas Cathedral--monument of Russian naval glory
- St. Peter and Paul Fortress--burial site of many tsars
- Church of the Spilt Blood--a marvelous Russian-style church
- Yusupov Palace--a unique historical landmark
- St. Isaacs's Cathedral--originally the city's main church
- Fountain Park--also known as "the Russian Versailles"
- Grand Palace at Peterhof
- Tsars Village--filled with lavish, imperial palaces
- Catherine Palace--home of the legendary Amber Room
- Hermitage Museum--special early entry to one of the largest museums of art and culture in the world
- The Russian Museum--established in 1895 it is the largest collection of Russian art in St. Petersburg
You will drive by/see the outside of:
- Nevsky Prospekt--main street filled with cathedrals and boutiques
- National Library, Kazan Cathedral, Square of Arts
- Ethnographical Museum, Michael’s Castle, The Admiralty
- Theater Square-Mariinksky Theatre
- Summer Garden and Log Cabin of Peter the Great
Extra fee options:
- Gold Room--guided tour of this world famous exhibit within the Hermitage Museum
- Diamond Room--guided tour of Russia’s most spectacular collection of rare jewels
- Faberge Museum--guided tour of the museum that was once open only to the world’s richest and most famous
Your pickup at the ship will bring you into St. Petersburg for an introductory tour of the city. You can expect to see the most beautiful, historical places in St. Petersburg, with photo stops along the way. Your English-speaking guide is well-acquainted with his/her native city and will prove to be an excellent escort as you see Nevsky Prospekt; the National Library, Kazan Cathedral; the Square of Arts, including the Russian Museum, the Ethnographical Museum, and Michael's Castle; The Admiralty; Theatre Square with the famous Mariinsky Theatre; and St. Nicholas Cathedral.
If you're lucky, you may catch a glimpse of the brides and grooms dressed in full regalia and lined up at the government building for their weddings, as marriages take place all day long, almost every day.
As part of this tour, you will have entrance into St. Peter and Paul Fortress, followed by a visit to one of the most stirring monuments, the Church of the Spilt Blood. Though you won't need a lengthy visit here, it will prove memorable for long after your visit and will make for a basis of discussion during your lunch break, which will follow.
Your next stop is the colorful Yusupov Palace, a lush home with spectacular interiors and the location of the assassination of the infamous Rasputin. You'll also see St. Issac's Cathedral before returning to your cruise ship, unless you have booked an optional theater performance, folkloric show, boat trip, or even a typical Russian dinner experience for the evening with ShoreTrips.
The familiar face of your guide will again greet you as you begin your morning with a hydrofoil ride along the Neva River, where you'll disembark in Peterhof for a visit of Fountain Park and the Grand Palace.
Lunch will follow and your guide will suggest a spot for a quick and tasty lunch that is fairly priced. From here, you'll travel to the Tsars Village and Catherine Palace. Your return by metro includes a view of the War Memorial. As your busy day draws to a close, you'll be taken back to your ship, or you may choose to participate in an evening activity prearranged by ShoreTrips.
By now, you'll feel that it is your good friend meeting you at the ship. Today you will spend your time in the city, starting with a tour of the Hermitage Museum.
Lunch can be leisurely if you wish, or perhaps you'll choose something quick so that you can check out something that caught your eye earlier. Your guide will bring you to a launch site after lunch and you'll take a tour on the canals and rivers, where you'll see breathtaking palaces and buildings from the water side. This will be followed by a view of everyday life in the city--including some shopping, a visit to the farmer's market, or a subway ride, if you like--before you are returned to your cruise ship in the late afternoon.
Departures: 09:00 AM,
Meeting instructions: Specific pick up or taxi instructions will appear on your voucher after you purchase your trip.
Special instructions: - There is a discount for one child per two adult spaces. If you are traveling with a child 17 years and younger, contact ShoreTrips for a discounted rate.
- This excursion is a non-visa tour for cruise ship passengers. According to Russian Federation law, visas are not required for shore excursions if you book through companies that are officially licensed and authorized by the Russian government to receive foreign cruise passengers and to operate inside St. Petersburg port areas. We will supply you with the tour ticket, called a blanket visa or booking confirmation, which you will pass to the customs/immigration offices. Due to the length of time needed to acquire these tour tickets, we ask that you please MAKE YOUR BOOKING NO LESS THAN 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE DAY YOU LEAVE HOME. Thank you.
- We will need the following information at the time of booking: Each passenger's full name as it appears in their passport; Citizenship; Date of birth; Passport number; Passport issue date; Passport expiration date; Arrival date into St. Petersburg; Departure date from St. Petersburg.
- Any information forwarded to ShoreTrips that is necessary to obtain a visa must be exact. We will pass on a $10 processing fee if corrections are necessary after we receive the visa. This is a per person fee, charged for each visa that requires changes.
- This includes standard admission to all museums in the program, guide's services for 3 days, driver's services for 3 days, car or minivan (Mercedes), permit for photo and/or video use in palaces and museums (except for video use in Yusupov Palace), and all port fees.
- There is a nominal fee for video use in Yusupov Palace, which must be paid upon entry.
- Cost of food and beverage is not included. Suggestions will be supplied by your guide for lunch that will be quick and typical.
- Gratuity is not included. We suggest a 10% gratuity to your guide and 5% to your driver.