After a short train ride from Paris to Epernay (about 1 hour) - we'll spend the day discovering Champagne's charming vineyards, ancient villages & world famous wine. E-bikes are the perfect way to experience Champagne, as we'll pedal with ease through the beautiful countryside. You'll hear fascinating history, see how Champagne is made, meet local producers, and taste some of France's best Champagne- all on an easy day trip from Paris.
We’ll see and experience:
• the beautiful villages & stunning scenery of Champagne- We will follow vineyard paths, the Marne River and ancient village streets.
• small producer Champagne houses- We will visit family run Champagne houses to see & taste how Champagne is made.
• the most famous Champagne in the World- We will take the guided tour of the cellars of Moet & Chandon – and do some tasting of course.
• Hautvillers and the church of Dom Perignon- We will visit one of France’s most charming towns where Champagne was ‘invented’
• Amazing Stories & the history of Champagne - Our guides are filled with local history, fun anecdotes and stories not found in the guide books.
What is an E-Bike?
An E-Bike is like any other bike you've ever ridden, only easier. E-bikes have a built in battery which gives assistance when going up hills & inclines- which work perfectly in the rolling hills of Champagne. E-Bikes also help us see more in less time. Don't worry - this is not the Tour de France! However, it is important that all participants know how to confidently ride a bike.
Full Day group tour. All participants must be 18yrs or older. The bike tour covers 12km (7.5mi). E bikes make the ride fun & leisurely. However you must be able to ride a bike with confidence. Refunds will not be given for those who cannot ride a bike. You must be at least 5’3”.
Includes: round trip train tickets, e-bikes, cellar tours & tastings, great guides. Lunch is not included.