Discover all things Batik during this half day excursion in Ubud. Get an insight into this ancient technique of applying patterns with different colors to a piece of cloth through one day of practice and take your new traditional skill home with you.
Pick up at your hotel in south Bali at approx. 08.30 am by our guide and drive towards Ubud to arrive at Nirvana Batik Center, home to the internationally recognized Batik artist, I Nyoman Suradnya.The class starts with a brief history of Batik, learn the interesting fact of where this form of art originally came from and its evolution in Bali.Next, you will be introduced to the materials and tools used to accomplish the creative steps before being guided to try the different techniques of Batik making; applying the wax with a canting and or brush followed by the dyeing process of 3 to 4 different colors to get the wanted result.Final step is to remove the wax and apply some final touches to your own Batik creation. Lunch is at leisure before transfer back to your hotel.
- Suitable for FITs or Small Group minimum 2 persons
- Advance booking required minimum 48 hours
- Return transfer with private AC vehicle
- English speaking guide & instructor
- Private basis only (no seat in coach)
- Materials & tools will be provided
- Recommended as family excursion
- Can be combined with afternoon excursion around Ubud
An insight into Batik; one of Bali’s traditional arts, providing an overall understanding and appreciation of its complexity