Discover the art of cooking traditional Balinese dishes using exotic ingredients, a unique culinary heritage of the “Island of the Gods”; followed by a special healing session with the beautiful Balinese countryside as the setting.
Pick up at your hotel in South Bali at 07.00 hrs. and depart for Ubud. Arrive at the Gianyar market at 08.30 hrs where your host, Puspa, is waiting to take you to discover the traditional Balinese market and cuisine. Next is a visit to a rice paddy field where you learn about the various methods of rice farming. Then a short drive to Kemenuh Village where your host is waiting to greet you with a fresh welcome drink. The traditional sticky rice pancake is a must-try, don’t miss tasting it!The host then explains the way to make Balinese traditional medicine using herbs and spices. The cooking class follows where you learn to make a basic sauce and seven dishes including clear mushroom soup, Balinese chicken skewers, steamed fish in a banana leaf, and black rice pudding. When the cooking is finished it is time to enjoy the food you have prepared, sitting under a tree in the tranquil beautiful garden. After lunch the healing session begins with Made, who is skilled in spiritual healing such as emotional healing, character readings, and aura cleansing. You emerge from this session feeling relaxed and with a great sense of serenity.
- Suitable for FITs or Small Group minimum 2 persons
- All classes are conducted in English by Balinese chef & spiritual healer
- Advance booking required minimum 48 hours
- Return transfer with private AC vehicle
- Locally grown and sourced ingredients Fruit & vegetable carving demonstration
- Recipes and notes are provided for each participant Choice of meat or vegetarian dishes
A unique experience, discovering the secrets of authentic Balinese cuisine and traditional healing