Embark on a culinary adventure unlocking the secrets of authentic Balinese cooking, utilizing traditional ingredients and preparation methods, in a fully equipped community village kitchen
Your day starts early at the Ubud markets, where you can pick from fresh herbs and spices, crisp vegetables and choice cuts of meat, before heading to the rice fields with the chef’s husband, Wayan Subawa who explained traditional rice-growing practices and the recent switch to growing mostly organic rice. Upon your return to Laplapan Village, you will be warmly welcomed and expertly guided by your host, Puspa, who will help you to discover how to create your very own delicious authentic Balinese dishes. The class is held in a traditional outdoor kitchen, complete with a wood-fired stove, which is given daily offerings of a few grains of rice and salt as a gift to the god Brahma. This class is ideal for guests who have an interest in learning about Balinese food preparation from garden to table.
- Suitable for FITs or Small Group minimum 2 persons
- Advance booking required minimum 48 hours
- Return transfer with private AC vehicle
- All classes are conducted in English by Balinese chefs fully conversant with Balinese cuisine and culture
- Locally grown and sourced ingredients Experience authentic coconut-oil processing plus learn to make a simple offering.
- Recipes and notes are provided for each participant
- Choice of meat or vegetarian dishes
- Discover Balinese family life by exploring Laplapan village or by touring the family temple
An informative, hands on and fun cooking experience in a traditional village compound on the Ubud hills.