Asia World Indonesia takes you on an exhilarating trek through stunning scenery with cool mountain air to a world far removed from city life. Verdant rice fields, bamboo forest, Torajan Villagers going about their daily life , stunning highlands all of which promise to impress.
After an early breakfast you will be picked up from your hotel in Rantepao at 08.00hrs by our Asia World Representative and transferred to Palawa traditional village where we begin our trek up Batutumonga a spectacular area situated on the slope of Sesean Mountain, 1300 meters above sea level. From here we can see a dramatic panorama with a breathtaking view over Rantepao. Passing through dense Bamboo forest, verdant rice terraces and a Torajan village where we can witness the Torajan peoples way of life. Lunch at a local restaurant, after which we descend our trek to Pana through rice fields and villages and finally arrive at Tikala and the beautiful scenery of the highlands where a car will transfer you back to your Hotel.
- Suitable for Individual Traveler or Group
- Operates daily, pick up at 08.00 hrs in the morning and return at17.00 hrs Excursion starting from Rantepao
- Private basis only (no seat in coach)
- English speaking guide
- Advance booking required minimum 48 hours
- Recommended to bring hat and sunscreen
- Casual clothing, good walking shoes, sweater for colder climates
- Not included domestic air fare & tax
An exploration of Toraja highlands, traditional villages and stunning scenery