As the sun is about to set, Uluwatu temple is one of the best places to be. With its dramatic views over the shimmering Indian Ocean, end your day with the chanting of Kecak dancers.
Our guide will pick you up at 3.00pm at your hotel and drive towards Uluwatu Temple, which is one of Bali's nine key directional temples. Admire the beauty and the dramatic view from this temple perched approximately 100 meters above the sea level overlooking the beautiful Indian Ocean. The temple is surrounded by a small forest of Alas Kekeran, inhabited by hundreds of monkeys, who are believed to guard the temple from bad influences.
Around 6.00pm, it is time to sit at the nearby stage while the sun is setting in the background, to enjoy the Kecak Dance performance. Accompanied by the chanting of around 50 male dancers, this popular Balinese dance tells the mythical love story of Rama and Shinta, though elaborate costumes, hypnotic chants and a fiery finale. Transfer back to your hotel after the performance.
- Operates daily, pick up from your hotel at approx. 3.00pm.
- English-speaking guide (other languages available on request)
- Included private car, mineral water, all entrance and parking fees , Insurance.
- What to wear: Casual clothes (shoulders covered in respect of the temples)
- What to bring: sport shoes and sandals
- Advanced booking required - minimum 48 hours
A very different combination of nature and culture ending with traditional Kecak dance performance