Asia World Indonesia brings you a full day trip of immersion in Balinese daily life through a sustainable tourism initiative by local villagers of the Tunjuk village. Get a taste of local Balinese life in a day full of experiences.
Start with pick up from your hotel by our guide at approx. 8.00am and transfer to a small village in Tabanan regency. Commence with a visit to a local elementary school, you will then discover the daily activities in a Balinese house. Next, armed with a farmers hat and a stick, it is time to walk into the rice fields, alongside the farmers, you will learn how to plough, plant, transplant and harvest rice. After your lesson, take a walk along the rice field to arrive at a coconut plantation area and watch a farmer demonstrating his ability to climb up the tree and gather young coconuts for refreshment. Return to home base to enjoy a cassava based appetizer before enjoying a traditional lunch. Return to your hotel after lunch with a final stop at the Taman Ayun royal temple in Mengwi.
- Operates daily (closed school on weekends), pick up from your hotel at approx. 8.00am. English-speaking guide (other languages available on request)
- Included lunch, private car, mineral water, all entrance and parking fees , Insurance.
- What to wear: casual clothes (shoulders covered in respect of the temples)
- What to bring: sport shoes and sandals, hat, sunscreen
- Advanced booking required - minimum 48 hours
One of the best ways to get a taste of the daily life of the local Balinese people and accentuating a real local farming experience.