This morning after breakfast, your private guide and chauffeur will meet you at your hotel and you will drive up to Auvers sur Oise and feel the soul of great painters such as Daubigny, Van Gogh and Cezanne.
Auvers sur Oise is a very charming town and home of the Auberge Ravoux, the last home of Vincent Van Gogh. Also,open to visits are the Daubigny workshop and museum.
Whether the Ravoux Inn is your starting point or just a port of call on your journey in the footsteps of Van Gogh, give yourself enough time to wander around and discover the banks of the river Oise, the vast prairies of the Vexin plateau, and the other notable sites in Auvers, such as:
• The cementery where the two brothers lie side by side
• The Romanesque/Gothic church immortalized by Van Gogh
• Daubigny's studio, with its wonderfully restored décor painted by the Daubigny family and friends, Corot and Daumier
• The house of Dr Gachet and its beautifully planted garden, painted by so many artists
• The Absinthe Museum, a superb tribute to the notorious 'green fairy'
• The nearby château (Château d' Auvers)
Can be a FULL DAY Tour (8 hour) or HALF DAY Tour (4 hour)