We drive to the old historical village of Gastouri and we arrive at the Achilleion Palace, the Neo-classical former residence of Empress Elizabeth of Austria and later that of Kaiser Wilhelm the 2nd. Here we visit the museum housing mementos of the two Royalties and enjoy the splendour of its landscaped gardens and the statues including the famous statue of the dying Achilles.
We continue our remarkable tour through the coastal road of Perama to the beauty spot of Kanoni, where there will be time for drinks (upon consumption) and to photograph the one of Corfu’s most famous and photographed sights of Mouse Island,(the petrified boat of Ulysses) and the small island with the nunnery of The Holy Virgin of Vlacherna.
From Kanoni, we continue to Corfu Town for a walking tour in the Historical centre of the fascinating old city where the following historical sights are to be seen:
• The residence of the High Commissioner, a splendid Edwardian building completed in 1824, once the sea of the Knights of Saint Michael and Saint George up to 1864 and later the Palace of the King of Greece.
• The bronze statue of the British High Commissioner, Sir Frederick Adam.
• The Venetian quarters of Cambiello and Corfu's Historical Centre.
• The Town Hall, once a Venetian theatre, built in 1690.
• The Church of Saint Spyridon, Patron Saint of Corfu with the rare icons and where the Holy body of the Patron Saint of the island lays in a crypt.
• There will be free time for shopping before transfer back to the Port