Chateau de La Barre
France Loire Valley Chateau
Experience French heritage and gracious hospitality as guests of Count and Countess de Vanssay, 20th generation in their château. Less than two hours southwest of Paris, this château offers five en suite bedrooms and suites, each replete with important antiques and designer fabrics, without compromising on modern comfort. Twice a week, a Grand Siècle Dinner is hosted in the 17th-century dining room, with all the family silver and crystal. The property is a perfect base for visiting the Loire Valley countryside, wineries and farmers’ markets, plus famed historic castles nearby. Airport transfers and sightseeing tours can be arranged.
Hotel TipPrivatize this romantic château for a special celebration, and let Guy and Marnie de Vanssay organize a VIP program for your stay.
Virtuoso Preferred Supplier Since 01 Sep 2008
- VIP welcome by owners, Count and Countess de Vanssay followed by tea and coffee and drinks taken with our guests, as we would with friends, time during which we also share with them lots of hidden gems and tips for their sightseeing.
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests, served in the restaurant (there is a surcharge for breakfast served prior to 8am)
- Fresh flowers from the fragrant chateau garden
- Daily afternoon tea
- A voucher for wine tasting at local troglodyte winery nearby
- A private visit of the chateau with the Count de Vanssay
- For Stays of 3 or more nights: the amenities above, plus: An elegant gift hamper of local products in their room plus the opportunity to enjoy a hosted Grand Siecle dinner in our XVIIth century dining room with family silver and crystal. (dinner available at a discounted rate)
- For stays of 4 nights or more: the amenities above plus: A complementary cheese plater with a glass of wine served by the monumental XIVth century fireplace on one of the nights
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Reviews and Recommendations for Chateau de La Barre
of 2 guests