Ananda in the Himalayas
World's Leading Luxury Destination SPA
Ananda in the Himalayas is a peaceful oasis tailored for spa enthusiasts. The acclaimed destination spa is located on the 100-acre palace estate of the Maharaja of Tehri-Garhwal and offers luxurious rooms and private villas with magnificent views. The 24,000-square-foot spa features more than 80 body and beauty treatments, including ayurveda, yoga, meditation, and contemporary international spa experiences. Ananda is known for its signature wellness programs, like ayurvedic rejuvenation, detox, dhyana (meditation), and weight management. The active can enjoy golf, rafting, trekking, wildlife safaris, temple tours, and more.
Hotel TipThe resort can arrange some amazing experiences, such as a personal yoga session in the foothills of the Himalayas or private dining in a majestic pavilion.
Virtuoso Preferred Supplier Since 01 Jul 2005
- Upgrade at time of booking, subject to availability
- Daily Breakfast for up to two guests per bedroom
- A complimentary 50 minute massage for up to two people, per room, once during stay
- Early Check-In / Late Check-Out, subject to availability
- Complimentary WI-FI
Reviews and Recommendations for Ananda in the Himalayas
of 1 guests
Virtuoso Verified Traveler
All reviews are from confirmed guests sharing exclusive insights
Sort reviews by
By: blue iguanas
Reviewed on: 05 Feb 2020
SUSTAINABILITY POLICY AND PRACTICES
Ananda in the Himalayas is nurtured by the nature that surrounds it, and it becomes our primary duty to not just maintain it, but also ensure that the nature thrives around us.
As the positive energy from the nature maintains our livelihood, the way we conduct our business has to ensure that what we give back is equally, if not more, positive. We take small steps each day to implement practices that are more sustainable, socially responsible, and with accountability and transparency.
It is a collective responsibility for all those working at Ananda to ensure that these practices are defined, executed, and measured accurately and consistently. We actively request our guests, fellow travellers, patrons, suppliers and vendors to support this responsibility.
As an ongoing effort to maintain best practices on sustainability, we commit to:
- Reduce energy and water consumption
- Strengthen general and food waste management
- Prioritize purchase and use of environmental friendly products and be paper efficient
- Employ local residents where possible and purchase local sustainable products
- Create and execute programmes to support local communities
- Apply uniform and ethical code of business conduct for colleagues and suppliers
- Continuously train and educate staff to raise their awareness on environment
- Comply with local government’s environmental legislation, regulations and policies