Parador de Santiago de Compostela
PARADOR DE SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA is considered the oldest Hotel in the world.
In the Plaza do Obradoiro, Parador Santiago de Compostela continues the tradition begun in 1499 of offering shelter to pilgrims making their way to Santiago. Originally a hostel and a hospital, the property is now what many consider the oldest hotel in the world. Enjoy a serene inner courtyard, four beautiful cloisters and gracious living rooms that conjure the elegance of Spain’s golden age. Guestrooms feature Spanish antiques of carved wood, graceful stone arches, four-poster beds and brocade upholstery. A luxurious dining room offers delicious Galician fare, including classic apple filloas (a kind of pancake) and crème brûlée.
Hotel TipOne of the oldest hotels in Europe, this was once the final destination of the Camino de Santiago. –Tom Smith Denver, Colorado
Virtuoso Preferred Supplier Since 01 Apr 2009
- For 2018:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily breakfast, already included in rates
- Complimentary tour for two to the Santiago Cathedral (visit includes the Cathedral, the Cathedral Museum, the Cloister and the Treasury Room)
- Complimentary parking for duration of stay
- Bottle of wine from the Paradores special selection "Harmony & Balance"
- Tapas tasting for two in Enxebre Restaurant
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Reviews and Recommendations for Parador de Santiago de Compostela
of 1 guests