Australia’s most unique beachside property
Since opening its arched doorways a few years ago, Halcyon House has been making waves on the luxury beachfront. The former 1960s motel favored by Cabarita surfers now attracts fashionable Gold Coast converts with its eclectic interiors and easygoing attitude. Walls in the 21 rooms are all upholstered in different fabrics; furnishings are seaside chic, accented with a delightful mishmash collected from flea markets and estate sales. Striped loungers add a Hollywood-heyday touch to the teak-lined pool. Wunderkind Chef Ben Devlin whips up simple coastal cuisine in Paper Daisy restaurant.
Hotel TipThe hotel keeps a fleet of basket-adorned vintage bicycles for pedaling along the beachfront, as well as two house Audi 1s for road trips to Byron Bay and the sleepy town of Bangalow.
Virtuoso Preferred Supplier Since 01 Jul 2017
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Complimentary A La Carte Breakfast for two daily for duration of the stay
- Complimentary one-way private airport transfers (Only from/to OOL Airport to Halcyon House- 20 min drive)
- Welcome Cocktail on arrival, Prosecco and Chef's Plate in room on arrival
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability