The history of Normandy lies in its chalky cliffs, its D-day beaches and the walls of Chateau d’Audrieu. This family-owned manor, set upon 62 acres of parkland, dates from the 1700s, although its roots reach back to the 11th century. Its noble heritage is evidenced by the royal coat of arms, along with plentiful antiques, gilded moldings and crystal chandeliers. A multiyear renovation ups the opulence factor with a Sothys spa and fresh appointments in the 29 guestrooms and Luxury Tree House. Le Séran restaurant has a new red hue and seasonal menu focusing on local ingredients.
Hotel TipSpend lazy days bicycling along the coast and strolling the well-tended gardens. The château makes a stately base for exploring Mont Saint-Michel.
Virtuoso Preferred Supplier Since 01 Jul 2017
For 2018 & 2019:
- Upgrade at time of booking, subject to availability
- Complimentary full Breakfast for two daily for duration of the stay
- A complimentary 50-minute massage for up to two people, per room, once during stay
- Free entry to the Tapestry Musuem in Bayeux
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi