InterContinental New York Barclay
A storied history and swoon-worthy redesign has the 702-room InterContinental New York Barclay right on track. Built in 1926 as one of Grand Central’s great railroad hotels (an old platform lies directly underneath), the new version added bold, contemporary touches while keeping its soul squarely rooted in the Jazz Age. Snag a purple-velvet wingback in the clubby Gin Parlour for pre-dinner Negronis before sliding over to a table for sophisticated, sustainable fare. The hotel’s perfectly central location makes for an easy stroll to Rockefeller Center, MoMA and Times Square.
Hotel TipRule Midtown from the new two-bedroom Harold S. Vanderbilt Penthouse, which features its own fitness room, Vanderbilt family photos, and to-die-for views from its 1,300-square-foot private terrace.
Virtuoso Preferred Supplier Since 01 May 2017
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Complimentary daily buffet breakfast for two served in Club InterContinental Lounge
- Complimentary access for two to Club InterContinental Lounge ($100 value)
- Designated VIP arrival reception
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Reviews and Recommendations for InterContinental New York Barclay
of 9 guests