Tswalu Kalahari strives to “restore the Kalahari to itself.” To achieve this enlightened mission, South Africa’s largest private reserve allows just 30 guests the privilege of experiencing its 425 square miles of serene savanna and diverse wildlife; each booking receives a private vehicle, guide and tracker. Accommodations include the five-suite Tarkuni, including a chef, swimming pool and a private vehicle. The Motse village, with nine individual legaes — including three for families — each offers an open fireplace, outdoor shower and private deck overlooking a water hole. Spa treatments use ingredients from local salt pans and sand dunes.
Hotel TipFew experiences compare to the resort’s Malori, a raised sleep-out deck where you can dine and dream under the Kalahari’s “diamond skies” on a king-size bed.
Virtuoso Preferred Supplier Since 01 May 2016
- Upgrade at time of arrival, subject to availability
- Complimentary full breakfast for two daily for duration of the stay
- A complimentary 50-minute massage for up to two people, per room, once during stay
- Complimentary private bush picnic & astronomy evening
- Early check-in/Late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi