Hidden in the woods, about an hour outside Porto, Vidago Palace is utterly enchanting. The 70-room hotel first opened in 1910, when King Carlos I wanted a luxury spa near Vidago’s legendary waters. In 1936, the estate added a nine-hole golf course and earned a place among Europe’s most prestigious resorts. A four-year renovation in the late 2000s completely revamped the Palace’s spa, transforming it into a Zen-inspired, minimalist space. The golf course, rebuilt from scratch, is now tournament-ready, and the Grand Ballroom — once the world’s largest — has been reinvented as a captivating restaurant.
Hotel TipWrought iron and checkered marble floors add charm to the Winter Garden. Bathed in natural light, it’s a great place to start the day.
Virtuoso Preferred Supplier Since 01 Apr 2015
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Complimentary buffet breakfast for two daily for duration of the stay (included in the room rate) served in the Winter Garden Breakfast Room
- $100 USD equivalent Spa Services credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, no cash value if not redeemed in full) Not valid for products nor merchandise
- Exclusive Vidago notebook with its history & free minibar with mineral flat and sparkling water
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi